Web Design Minneapolis, St Paul, Minnesota
Web visitors spend on average 20 seconds at a website. To turn a visitor into a customer, your website has to make a great first impression. Is it designed to attract visitors and keep them interested in your products and services? Do you know the average time visitors spend during each visit? Our Minneapolis web design firm specializes turning a business website into the most cost-effective marketing tool.
97% of all business owners don’t know how many of their web visitors have turned into customers or leads. Even worse, most have no clue as to how many potential customers are brought in by search engines like Google. Most business websites are designed to give what the business owners want, NOT what potential customers want. If you never thought about improving the visitor-to-customer conversion, it is not too late. As the most trusted web design service company in Minnesota, we have a proven history of increasing web conversion through intelligent user-focused design.
Treat Your Website Like Your Sales Team
- Do you constantly monitor the performance of your sales team?
- Do you change your sales and marketing strategies based on the market demand?
- Do you always think about making your sales team more efficient?
If you answer “Yes,” you should do the same, if not more, to your website. You can print your business card once, and forget about it for a very long time. Your website is NOT a business card. It can turn into a powerful branding, selling and persuading machine that outperforms the best sales team your company can put together.
- Would you cut corners and hire the lowest-paid sales staff?
- Would you give your prospects cheaply made product brochures?
- Would you hand the Sales Director job to your teenage nephew?
If you answer “No,” don’t do the same to your website. Would you love having prospects calling your salespeople, instead of making cold calls? That is exactly what happens when your web design aims at high conversion. Are your salespeople ready to help potential customers with valuable information? If your website looks credible, offers valuable information and gives what potential customers are looking for, you get a tireless sales team that works around the clock!
Converting Web Traffic into Leads and Sales
If you are a salesman, would you rather make 100 cold calls and generate 20 sales or would you rather make 1,000 calls and generate 5 sales? If your website has a high conversion rate, you can have more leads and sales from the same number of visitors. In order to turn more prospects into customers or clients, whether it is a brick-and-mortar shop or online store, you have to adapt a new way of thinking about web design. You can start out by asking:
- Is your website designed to provide a pleasant user experience?
- Are your visitors frustrated when they can’t find what they are looking for?
- Do your visitors find your company trustworthy?
- Is your web design focused on pretty images, instead of answering customers’ questions?
- Do your visitors think your products and services are better than the competition?
- Do you know if visitors come back for a second or third time?
DON’T ask your employees, friends or relatives for feedback about your web design, unless you only want to hear how beautiful it looks. DO check with marketing professionals for honest opinions.
Double or Triple Your Sales by Increasing Your Conversion Rate
For over 95% of all business websites, it takes more than 100 visitors to generate 1 lead or sale. That means 99 out of 100 visitors leave without being impressed. If your website is not designed with conversion as a top priority, it is certain that you will lose many opportunities to make a sale.
Designing a high-conversion website doesn’t cost more; on the contrary, its return on investment far exceeds that of any type of marketing. A low-conversion website may seem cheaper to build, but it costs you much more when your potential customers buy from your competitors. At Smart Business Web, our specialty is to design websites with conversion rates that are 100-500% higher than industry standards.
#1 Key to High-Conversion Web Design – Know Your Visitors
98% of business websites serve two main purposes: to increase sales and to generate leads. What about your visitors? Do you know what they use the internet for?
- Buyers – they are ready to buy and they are often in a hurry to make a purchase. Does your website look credible enough for buyers to give out their personal info or credit card numbers? Does it match the image and reputation of your company?
- Shoppers – they shop around to find answers to their questions. Who has the best price? Who is the most trustworthy? Who offers the most convenient shopping experience? Who can deliver in a timely fashion? Who has the best customer service? Does your website make a persuasive sales presentation to impress these shoppers enough for them to come back? Do you give them a reason to put your company in their finalist list? Do you provide all the answers to their questions?
- Some visitors research for information – they are only looking for options and affordability. These visitors may not know what they want, but with proper education, they may become shoppers and buyers. Do you provide ample information relevant to your products or services??